Tenants and residents associations
Set up a new tenants and residents association (TRA), or join an existing TRA where you live. TRAs work hard to represent their local area and find ways to develop their local communities.
By joining, or setting up a TRA you can:
- invite members of the senior management team to site visits and meetings
- meet with your local ward councillor
- access funding opportunities to improve your area
- develop a stronger sense of community and get to know your neighbours better
- use community facilities to hold meetings/events
- attend training/mentoring events with other TRAs
- hold local events in your area.
An annual grant is available to registered TRAs, to cover annual running costs and the purchase of equipment for your group.
Other ways to get involved with NLM
- Join us for estate inspections.
- Help us draw up a neighbourhood agreement to set local service standards.
- Organise or take part in fundays, activities and training events.
- Become a mystery shopper to test our services.
- Send comments by email or by letter.
- Complete our surveys.
- Come to a residents’ meeting.