Managing debt can be difficult, the links below may help residents in difficult times.
To apply, call customer service line on 0208 356 3000
Provides one off payments for emergencies or items that are difficult to budget for, and are not covered by normal social security benefits. Main help involves:
- Basic living needs – food, utilities, clothing, footwear
- Digital access and support – mobile phone top up, broadband
- Emergency travel to access essential services e.g. hospital/funeral
- Community assistance – essential white goods, bedding, flooring, rent in advance and deposits for new tenancies
Payments may provide:
- food vouchers, or a referral to the local food bank
- top up for electricity or gas pre-paid meters
- essential household items to help you set up home, or remain in your home
- a referral to get low cost furniture
Help with short term living costs such as credit food and gas/electric prepayment metres. It can also help in some circumstances with white goods and furniture. Cash will not usually be awarded, but a pay point voucher can be supplied to the applicant where necessary. Vouchers will be awarded to enable residents to purchase the items that they require, such as furniture.
Money Works Emergency Loan – Must be Paid back with an arrangement, comes in 2 forms.
Community Support – You may be able to get Community Support for basic necessities such as furniture and white goods and clothing if you are leaving institutional care or being resettled, or if you are looking after someone.
Crisis Support – You may be able to get Crisis Support if you are going through a disaster or an emergency and getting the support is the only way to stop the situation causing harm to you or someone in your household. Support will help to pay for food, fuel, and other basic living expenses.
- Support to help ensure vulnerable households and families with children have food on the table and other essentials to keep warm and well-fed.
- Support to relieve exceptional pressure on families during the cost-of-living crisis.
- In need of support to relieve exceptional pressure on household.
- Once tenant is identified as in need of food, email North Enfield Food Bank and they provide details on how a voucher could be obtained.