We’re really pleased you’re thinking of joining our team at NLMHA. We know that it takes time, effort and hard work to find the right place to build your career. That’s
why our recruitment process aims to give you an opportunity to demonstrate your passion as well as your expertise.
It is very much a two-way process to ensure we recruit the right individuals but also for you to be confident that joining us is the right move for you.
Step 1 – The Application Process
We want our application and assessment process to give you a feel of what it’s like to work here and we’ll do everything we can to make sure that it runs smoothly and
gives you a positive experience.
Your initial application is a key part of the process as it introduces you to us so it’s worth taking the time now to reflect on your skills, experience and achievements, particularly those relevant to what we are looking for here.
Our application form is the medium that we use to in our recruitment and do not accept CV’s. This keeps the required information consistent and provides the
relevant information for us to assess suitability for the role. Our recruitment team will ensure that your application is dealt with efficiently and confidentially and that your data remains secure at all times.
We embrace diversity in our workforce so we’ll only consider factors relevant to the role you’re applying for.
Before you apply, you might want to read the handy hints and tips below to help you get the most out of our recruitment process.
Stage 2 -The Interview Process
If you are invited to interview, we’ll contact you providing all the details you’ll need including when and where the interview will be held.
Step 3 – The outcome
If the interview was a success, a member of the Human Resources team will contact you to discuss suitable start dates and terms and conditions with you and you’ll then receive your contract.
On your first day, your line manager will provide you an induction and formally welcome you to the business.
If your application is not successful, we’ll contact you to let you know you haven’t been successful on this particular occasion.
Application and Assessment tips
We want our application and assessment process to give you a feel of what it’s like to work at NLMHA and we’ll do everything we can to make sure that it runs smoothly and gives you a positive experience. The following handy hints and tips will help you get the most out of our recruitment process. Have a read through before you submit your application.
We regularly receive a large number of applications for each of our roles, so it’s important yours stands out from the rest. We’ll only base our decision on the information you provide us with, so make the most of this opportunity to move onto the next stage. This is usually an assessment which involves an interview and a test or presentation. Here are some things you can plan for in advance:
- Your application should reflect the requirements of the person specification
- We’ll be looking to get to know the real you and we’ll be assessing you on your attitude and behaviours, just as much as your experience and skill set.
- Every interview will be different and we’ll tailor it to the job role, so have a think about how your experience fits with the job role.
- Think about any practical examples you have from life and work that you might want to tell us about because it proves that your experience matches the job role.
- Do you research, it’s important that you understand who we are, what we do and what we stand for so you can be sure that NLMHA is the right fit for you and your career.
- We understand that it’s perfectly natural to be nervous and we’ll do everything we can to make you feel welcome. Try to keep calm, speak clearly and take your time to answer each question.
- And finally, try to arrive 15 minutes early.
Rewards and Benefits
Knowing that you’re making a difference to our resident’s lives is rewarding, but our role’s offer much more than that. Here at NLMHA we’re dedicated to rewarding hard work and commitment and providing benefits that support you and your lifestyle.
The benefits we offer include (but are not limited to) the following:
- A competitive salary.
- Defined Contribution Pension scheme which provides life assurance cover to the value of three times your annual salary.
- Generous annual leave allowance, starting at 25 days and rising with service.
- Eye care vouchers.
- Contribution towards gym membership
- Generous training budget
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.