North London Muslim Housing Association (NLMHA) is a not-for-profit organisation which seeks to provide outstanding customer service. Managing 878 homes in 5 local authority areas across North East London, we build thriving neighbourhoods and work tirelessly to transform the lives of our residents. We are also an outstanding developer, sweating our assets and consistently building new affordable homes for a diverse range of people. Currently we are developing many homes for rent and shared ownership in 5 developments in our area of operation.
NLMHA was set up in 1988 and has developed into a significant provider of housing to meet the needs of the wider Community irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background.
NLMHA is a Registered Provider, registered with the Regulator of Social Housing (LH 3859) in 1988 and Registered under the “Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 Number: 26406R.
NLMHA operates in the capitals most vibrant cultural and artistic places, as well as being on the doorstep to central London. We are working in five boroughs in North East London. The Association has a voluntary board with wide range of expertise, including a number of housing professionals. The Board is responsible for the overall policy and strategic direction of the Association and approves all policies. NLMHA is one of the top performing housing associations within its peer group. Our key performance indicators place us on the top quartile among all Housing Associations operating in London with excellent KPI’s.
NLMHA was one of the partners in the creation of The ‘North River Alliance (NRA)’ in 2005. Over the years the NRA has established itself as a successful development alliance in London. NLMHA was always in the forefront of engaging tenants in consultation and empowerment programmes.
To make a positive difference to our resident’s life through the provision of quality and affordable homes to those who are in need.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To provide quality homes and services, strengthen and build communities and improve the lives of our residents.
· Valuing people – Take our customers into the heart of all we do – We go extra mile to ensure excellent service delivery
· Taking Responsibility – We do what we say – deliver our commitments – Ensure we invest in the potential of our organisation
· Acting with integrity – We believe and practice in being fair and ethical We proactively do the right thing based on values and ethics
· Working together – We listen to what our tenants, customers and stakeholders want Trained and enthusiastic staff supported by a committed and knowledgeable Board
· Being Innovative – Think consistently of ways to improve and add value Raise standards and provide equality of opportunity for all