What to do
To end your tenancy, you must complete a form, available from the Association, giving four weeks notice of your intention to terminate your tenancy.
Please remember, if you have a joint tenancy both parties should sign the termination form.
Termination form should be sent to:
North London Muslim Housing Association
15B – 15C Urban Hive
- Once your notice has been received an officer from the association will visit your property to carry out an inspection.
- The purpose of this inspection is to check that the house is in good order ahead of you handing it back to us.
- Please remember that it is a condition of your tenancy agreement that you keep the property in good order during your stay.
- Any works that you are required to carry out will be pointed out to you at the time of the visit and followed up in writing. We will charge you for any work not done before you leave.
- We will also let you know how much rent you will owe up to the end of your tenancy, which must be paid in full.
- You must also clear any other debts you have with the Association (for example, charges for repairs that we have carried out on your behalf).
- In most cases, an officer will arrange to collect keys and carry out a final inspection of the property with you at the end of the notice period. If this is not possible, you must return all keys to the property to the Association by 12 noon on the Monday that your tenancy ends.